Keeping in tune with the latest style and fashion, nail decoration has attained new levels as well. Starting off with simple nail polishes, the latest craze is for nail arts as well as artificial nails. Of these, acrylic nails are a very common choice and there are several good reasons for that. First of all, using acrylic for artificial nails is a very easy option. Moreover, they help protect the natural nails which often tend to turn bitter due to exposure to harsh chemicals or birth defects. And best of all, acrylics can be conveniently used as a base for a variety of nail art designs which would suit anybody’s style statement.
Though acrylic nails are quite easy to get at any of your nearby salons, yet the most important part is to care for the nails so that they look good, last long and do not cause any harm.
How to take good care of your nails?
Taking care of the acrylic nails isn’t a tough job at all. All you need to do is to follow a simple routine and your nails will be beautiful and fashionable for several weeks.
- Wear gloves – If your artificial nails are too long, they may break off as you carry on with your daily chores at home like washing etc. So it would be better that you wear gloves to protect your nails during such work.
- Avoid unnecessary moisture – Too much exposure to water can cause the acrylic to start wearing off. This can totally damage the look of your nails and become a total waste of money. So, make sure that the hands and nails aren’t wet for too long.
- Prevent infection – Since these artificial nails create an opportunity for bacteria to get infect the base of the nails, it is essential that you eliminate any such chances. Keeping your nails and hands dry isn’t enough. Buy an effective anti-bacterial soap that can ward off any bacteria and keep your nails infection free.
- Fix nails immediately – If a portion of the nails comes off, make sure that you get them redone immediately. Broken nails not only hamper your style but can also injure you. If you are lucky enough, you may get a free fix from your salon or you may have to pay a small price.
- Touch up – An essential part of the care routine is to apply a touch up every week. Use a good nail polish for the finish so that your acrylic nails can last longer and look clean.
- Use oil – Oiling your artificial nails is a great way to care for them. As you apply oil on the nails regularly, they remain well moisturized and conditioned and no dryness develops in the cuticle region. Also, the nails remain flexible and do not separate from the natural ones.
- Avoid acetone – Acetone can react with the acrylic nails and dissolve them. So, make sure that the nail polish remover that you use has so acetone content at all or you may end up ruining your nails.